In the beginning, to become a Log Master, you must be willing to listen, observe, take feedback, and implement. As a Log Master employee, you will help restore log homes/cabins and will be required to:
- travel to states between the Rocky’s and the Appalachian Mountains for possibly 2 weeks,
- work in a range of temperatures and weather conditions,
- lift 80 pounds,
- climb and work to heights up to 20 ft. on a ladder and 40 ft. on a scaffold,
- do general math equations consistent with carpentry,
- attend training classes,
- use chainsaws, bulk loaders, pressure washers, caulking guns, & media/sand blasters,
- wear respirators as necessary,
- possibly use heavy equipment,
- know basic carpentry skills,
- be self-motivated and punctual,
- pass a background check and drug screening upon request,
- and have good communication skills.
You will be required to travel as we are a service company, meeting the needs of our customers where they live. We provide the means of travel, tools, materials, and equipment. Being away from home for approximately two weeks is not uncommon. Log Masters has a flexible work schedule and works hard to meet employees’ work and home life needs. If you would like to learn more, you can download the document below.
Training to Be a Log Master
You’ve read through the benefits, understood the expectations, and applied by sending us an email of interest. What happens next, you ask? Based on experience, we will assign you to a team. Apprentices will learn by doing hands-on training with our company leaders and log-home product leaders. Not all log home restoration companies do it the same. Experienced workers only require knowledge of Log Masters’ way to restore or maintain. If you would like to learn more about the services we provide, you can click here.
Log Masters Restorations is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Log Masters Restorations makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.