Ever wondered what to send us? Here is a quick checklist of information we need just for you. To better assist in understanding your log home needs when contacting us for a free online estimate, we would ask you to please email [email protected] your:
- Full Name
- Full Address of Log Home
- Phone Number
- Preferred Method of Contact
- Best time to reach you
- Photos of the Areas of Concern
- Approximate square footage of your log home
- and how you heard about us
Please Check for Log Rot
Please, if you have not already or need information on how to, click check for log rot and let us know what you find. To check for log rot, you may use a steak skewer to poke the logs to see if it is solid or if the skewer sinks in and how far. You may also listen for hollow sounds when knocking on the side with a hammer. Check:
- around your window and door frames for soft blackened wood (rot) or insect issues
- logs near the ground (especially if the log height above the ground is below a foot)
- areas of regular shade
- around your downspouts
- posts or columns on the front or back porches
- west and south facing walls get the most rain, however, east and north facing walls can struggle to dry out, so don’t overlook them
- decks; if you have one, do you want us to include it in our estimate
Things that we may ask about include:
- environmental obstacles such as a house over a lake or water
- road access problems such as through the mountains, or lack of a driveway
- how far the facia is from the wall of the home and/or nearby logs
- chinking cracks or finish cracking/bubbling or weathered (click on either for more info)
- long horizontal cracks in the logs creating troughs for rain on the top of a log
- signs of insects (click on insects for more information)
- types of logs or siding if it differs in areas
- question areas that might need an expert eye.
The more information you can provide, the better we can assist you. If you’ve had a recent home inspection, those are always welcome.
If you are interested in know the contributing factors we consider for an estimate, please go to our article What We Consider in a Log Home Restoration Estimate!
Perhaps you would prefer an assessment in person, which we are glad to accommodate, you may want to check our article on Free Online Estimates Versus In-Person Assessment.
In either case, we appreciate you visiting our website.
Thank you again for considering us as your log home restoration and maintenance company.